Thursday, April 26, 2007

When was the last time you cleaned your kid's car seat cover?

Well, that's too long!

I keep a very tidy house, but my car, that's a different story. It took me leaving town for a trip to finally getting around to washing my kids' car seat covers. The covers are really a pain in the you know what to get off and put back on! But, my mother-in-law and my mom are taking care of the kids for me while I visit the hubby and I would have been mortified if they'd seen the conditions of the car seats. I mean just look at the pictures...at least it was under the covers and the kids weren't actually in contact with all that crap! Oh, I'm up for Mother of the Year again...


Ok-do you see the melted, red crayon, fruit loops, cheerios, raisons, crumbs galore and even a Ritz cracker! HOW GROSS!

2 comments:

TL said...

You know... maybe car seat manufacturers should make a "crumb trap" or something.

An extra tray that attaches to the bottom of the car seat that catches all the gunk when it falls in the cracks. Then at least you could take out the tray and dispose easily. I mean you'd have to still wash the sticky stuff, but at least you'd get the cheerios out!

Or, maybe, you can put some seran wrap or something underneath the cushion. Then when you're ready to clean, all the crap is already on the seran wrap. You can just grab it an go.

TL said...

By the by - the dishes in my sink must be cousins of your car seats... yuck. They scare me sometimes...