Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Web Cam Christmas


This Christmas my cousin decided at the last minute to set up a web cam at my aunt's house in Texas. I braved Fry's Electronics on Friday before the holiday and bought a web cam for our computer. I'd never done anything like this before and it was easier than I imagined (although my husband did most of the set-up). It was the best Christmas away from home and I can't believe we hadn't done it sooner. I enjoyed Christmas dinner and even a "Scrooge" game (white elephant game) with my entire family in Houston. It was amazing, a bit surreal and lots of fun! The picture and sound were clear and we watched in real time.
My husband and I want to get web cams for both our parents now. It's such a great way to communicate and allow family to see our kids grow.
And it's FREE!

3 comments:

willam said...

I've never used the webcam for family orientated activities (unless you count families in alabama)
on a side note, you go to the studio city farmers market on sunday? i just read bridgette's blog that you saw Dylan from Nip/Tuck there...so cool.

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I'm coming over for a demo! That is way too cool. Just wait until the grandmas of the world figure this one out - that will get them online in droves.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for suggestions. I liked this blog post MooTools Users: Implement a Hash.sort method very much! Realy attractive write dissertation! i adore such things. Thanks