Monday, February 20, 2006

Read to your kids...they're listening...

During a doctor visit last week, the doctor asked my daughter several questions. At one point, my daughter was holding her head and the doctor inquired, "what's the matter with your head?"
"My head is full of brains," my daughter replied. The doctor and I exchanged knowing glances and chuckled to ourselves.
I soon realized that my daughter had been paying more attention than I thought when I'm reading a book to her. sometimes she sits very still and listens intently to me as I read. Most times, she looking at all the pictures, naming the objects or colors, and turning the pages before I've finished reading. It doesn't bother me. It's just her way. But, I always wondered if she "heard" the story? Well, I have yet to go over the brain and the fact that it's in her head-but Dr. Seuss has written all about it!
"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."
Oh, the Places You'll Go-Dr. Seuss


I hope you have most of these books-they are such great learning tools for kids and they're so much fun to read!

No comments: