Friday, February 24, 2006

Scrapbooking made easy


I love scrapbooking. I enjoy crafts and for me scrapbooking just makes photo albums more personalized and fun. Although, I often end up with stacks and stacks of photos awaiting a scrapbooking page. It's a difficult hobby to perform among my two young children. I use lots of paper, cutouts, stickers, and a multitude of tools for cutting and shaping. (The tools are not kid-friendly) My kids want to play with all the supplies. I don't have an extra room in our apartment to lay everything out so I must use our kitchen table. When I work on my scrapbooks, I want a good chunk of time not just an hour or so during nap time. I usually take my scrapbooking stuff with me when I go visit my sister and we catch up on our albums together. This got me thinking...
Recently, I noticed at Target that there are pre-made scrapbooks complete with ornate decorative pages. All you have to do is add the photos. Many of the scrapbooks have themes including baby shower, wedding, anniversary, vacation, school days, friends and family. I think they're a great idea for gifts or for someone who doesn't have the time or patience to scrapbook on their own.
Also, there are photo albums you can purchase from online photo websites such as kodakgallery or shutterfly. You can design the theme of the album as well as the colors and layout of each page. A friend of mine showed me an album she had made of her honeymoon for her 1-year anniversary. The album looked amazing! It's as nice as a coffee-table book. The books start at $29.99. What a great way to participate in scrapbooking without all the hassle. And another great gift idea!
photobook examples

No comments: