Friday, April 24, 2009

Kids Read the Darnedest Things...

This past weekend, my kids and I were walking along the Kemah Boardwalk enjoying a beautiful, warm afternoon. We watched as many boats cruised past the boardwalk.
One of the boats was named "G's Spot." The apostrophe was a Gene Simmonsesque-cartoon- drawing of a mouth with the tongue sticking out. I remember laughing to myself as I thought about the christening of the that boat!

Then, my daughter looked up at me and asked, "G-Spot? Does that boat say G-Spot?"

I bit my lower lip to retrain the laughter inside me. I scanned the crowd as I looked down at my daughter and replied, "Yes. Good job reading, sweetheart."
And I quickly changed the subject to lunch time...

3 comments:

Jen said...

HAHAHAHA! Smart girl :)

willam said...

i remember reading anne rice when i was like 10 and all of a sudden i asked my mom if a vampires could give blowjobs.
hey i might be filming a movie in texas this summer...what town you all in?

Kelley said...

Willam-we're in Kemah. It's a small, coastal town between Houston and Galveston. Let me know about the movie!!!