Thursday, April 02, 2009

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009

I read the quote below which started, "If I had my child to raise over again..." and I changed the tense to read as something to strive for instead of reading as coulda, shoulda, woulda...

-I'll build self-esteem first and the house later
-I'll finger paint more and point the finger less
-I'll do less correcting and more connecting
-I'll take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes
-I'll care to know less and know to care more
-I'll take more hikes and fly more kites
-I'll stop playing serious and seriously play
-I'll run through more fields and gaze at more stars
-I'll do more hugging and less tugging
-I'll see the oak tree in the acorn more often
-I'll be firm less often and affirm much more
-I'll model less about the love of power And more about the power of love.
Diane Loomans

No comments: