Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Thunder & Lightning


I remember when I used to be scared of thunder and lightning. Now I actually miss them. Having grown up in Houston, I've heard my share of thunder storms. But out here in Southern California, the sound of thunder is rare. Well, until this hurricane season. Last night was the worst I've ever heard it in Los Angeles and the lightning show was awesome. My three-year-old daughter did not agree.
I imagine she saw strange flashes on the wall causing creepy shadows followed by a loud roar. Finally, in the middle of the night, she was calling for mommy and daddy. She eventually got enough nerve to come crawl in bed with my husband and me. It was just so precious. I don't want her to be afraid of thunder and lightning, but at that moment she needed to feel protected. I'll explain the weather to her later. We snuggled together and fell back to sleep.

No comments: