Thursday, November 16, 2006

Asthma treatment by chiropractor - alternative to medications

I'm so grateful to a close friend for referring me to a local chiropractor. I wrote a while back about how Dr. Matt, a chiropractor in North Hollywood basically cured my daughter of asthma. You can read the story here. I'm writing about it again, because now my son is beginning to show signs of asthma much like my daughter did three years ago. Plus, I know the amazing results and want to share this alternative and effective treatment with everyone.
I've been trying to find a kid-friendly chiropractor that specializes in treating children with asthma. Locating such a chiropractor was difficult. I finally found one through a friend's referral and took both my kids this past week. My daughter has not visited a chiropractor in almost 6 months and had one night of wheezing. Her previous doctor suggested once a month visits to prevent future attacks or to bring her in when she had a cold in the case it triggered the asthma. The preventive treatment worked wonders and had I continued taking her-I doubt she would have had the one relapse. I'm telling you the results are incredible and DRUG FREE!
I can't stand the thought of putting my son through all the breathing treatments and medications such as albuteral-like I had started out with my daughter. The medicine wouldn't let her sleep and made her so hyper-active-not to mention whatever side effects the meds may cause. Also, the nebulizer and medications are outrageously expensive. My kids' pediatrician suggested Singulair as a preventive measure-with my insurance that medication alone costs $96. The breathing apparatus is about $100 and the breathing meds are $40 each and up. Believe me I think my kids are worth whatever costs to make them well, but it just so happens chiropractic care for asthma only costs me $35 a visit (and that's without insurance).
Recently, my son developed a cold and I could hear wheezing in his chest. Like his sister, he would cough throughout the night and sometimes cough so much, he'd make himself throw up. The night of my son's first visit to the new chiropractor-he had a restful night's sleep. The doctor spent quality time with both my kids to make them feel comfortable and to get to know them. He even played some games with them. The doctor allowed my son to lay with me so he'd always feel secure. The doctor was extremely gentle and careful to explain the treatment. If your child is suffering from asthma and you're worried about the medications, please research chiropractic care as an alternative.
I know you'll be as amazed by the results and benefits as I am.

Dr. Michael Wolff 281-370-3349 9037 Louetta Rd Spring, Texas 77379

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word up!

orem chiropractic said...

The chiropractic approach to health care is holistic, stressing the patient’s overall health and wellness.