Thursday, February 28, 2008

No picture with this post...

You'll soon understand why this post doesn't include a photo. I wasn't even sure I would write this particular post as the subject is revealing and embarrassing but damn funny. I just had to share it...

It was the night before my husband was flying out-of-town. He played with the kids one last time before bed and got them all amped up! They did not fall right to sleep that night. The hubby and I began watching "3:10 to Yuma" and tried to ignore the kids babbling to each other in their room. I'd call out occasionally for the kids to "hush up because it's night time."

My hubby and I were really enjoying the movie. We noticed our son sneak up the stairs. He tip-toed ever so cleverly up to our bed. We pretended not to notice-it was the last night to snuggle with the kids before hubby left town. Our daughter soon went looking for her brother and ended upstairs in our bed as well.

My hubby and I continued to watch the movie and then I heard a clanking noise upstairs. I ran up to tell the kids they had to settle down and go to sleep! I discovered the kids rifling through my bathroom drawers. I figured my daughter was getting into my eyeshadow and her brother was just following suit. I told them "to get in bed right now!"
My daughter quickly hid her hands and dived into the bed. She kept her hands hidden in the covers. I asked what my daughter had in her hands and told her she had to give it back to me. She replied, "I can't get them off, mommy."
I'm imagining hair ties as tight bracelets around her wrists and told her that I'd help her. She slowly pulled her hands out from under the covers.

Her two small hands were in tight fists and each was covered with a condom.

It looked like she had on surgical mittens.

I almost fell over - it was not AT ALL what I expected to see. I managed to control my laughter while I pulled the condoms off my daughter's hands. (Snap) She never asked about them so I dodged that bullet! I tucked the kids back in bed and went downstairs. I said to my husband, "Guess what your daughter was wearing?" and waved the condoms in his face. His mouth fell open and he managed a "WHAT?" He couldn't believe it either.

(I shared the story with my aunt the next day and in case you have the same questions she did...yes, the condoms were NEW and I have no idea how my daughter got the second one over her hand?)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hahaha... that is way too funny! I wasn't even thinking about if they were new or not. All I was thinking was, how did she get the second one on. lol

Thanks for sharing this... I needed a good laugh. It's been one of those hectic mommy days.

Kelley said...

glad to make you laugh, if I ever figure out how she got the second one on-I'll let you know!