Tuesday, August 16, 2005

High price for falling prices..


I went to Wal-Mart this past weekend. In Los Angeles they aren't on every corner- it's quite the drive. But, those prices are just unbeatable
especially when I've got to stock up on toiletries and other household necessities.
Well, not having kids in school yet, I didn't think about it being "back to school" time. Avoid mega stores on weekends in August.
My three-year-old can be a handful and doesn't like to sit in the buggy during the entire shopping trip. I took the more comfortable double stroller for the kids to sit in instead of the buggy (shopping cart for those of you not from the South). I made a deal with my daughter-if she stayed in the stroller and was my good helper I'd set up the plastic pool in the backyard when we returned home.
Did I mention that most mega stores in LA are double-decker? It's such a pain. If you forgot Boudreaux's Butt Paste (the BEST diaper cream) on level 2, you have to wait in the never-ending line at the elevator again. Oh, and the escalators at this particular Wal-Mart broke while I was there so EVERYONE needed the elevator. I felt like a NASCAR driver.
I had to push others into the wall to maintain my position in line. Apparently, the escalator failure had something to do with a main braker because the air conditioning went out too. Almost 2 hours later, I made it out of pergatory, I mean the check out line. The kids and I were dripping with sweat. Hundreds of HOT, hurried customers paying the price for lower prices. I think my next mega store run will be solo.

3 comments:

anonymous mary said...

OMG girl!!! Stay away from the low price devil!! They lure you into the flames of HELL!! Target may cost little more, but it's well worth it. Also, I have recently become a huge fan of the Save-on Brand...the quality can't be beat. (with our new mortgage, I'm cutting corners wherever I can.)

Renee said...

Just came across your blog. Nice place. I'll be back to visit!:-)

Kelley said...

Thanks for visiting Renee-I just checked out your blog. What a beautiful family. I'll have to check out the recipes.