Thursday, November 03, 2005

Time Warp(speed)


I swear time does double-time from the moment I get the kids out the door and into the car until I've dropped them off at day care. I drop the kids off mornings Monday through Friday at 8am. Whether I allot myself 5 minutes or 15 minutes to drop the kids off literally a couple of block away, I'm left with a mere 10 minutes to get to work. I can't drop the kids off any earlier than 8am and that's plenty of time to get to work by 8:30am-except for the whole time warp speed thing...
My three-year-old is a "big girl" and has to go down the stairs herself, get in the car herself and buckle herself. While she does her "big girl" routine, I'm simultaneously carrying my 9-month-old son, putting him in the car and buckling him in his seat. You'd think that cuts the time in half? Then, the same scenario in reverse once we arrive at day care, ring the doorbell, kiss & hug and off I go,
hi-ho, hi-ho...where does the time go?
I left the house 10 minutes to 8:00 and now it's 8:17???

No comments: