Saturday, July 09, 2005

Happy Happy Birthdays


Young kids' Birthdays should always be SIMPLE. I attended the 1st Birthday of my friend's daughter over the weekend. A park, a clown-for-an-hour, some finger foods & cake. PERFECT! No need for a list of games or activities or fancy catering. LESS IS MORE. I threw a Butterfly Fiesta for my daughter's 3rd Birthday. I rented a moon bouncer and had a piƱata. The kids had a blast. (I went a little overboard with the fiesta-themed food, but I love to cook) Remember to plan your parties around nap time too. Most parties I've been to start around 11am and end at 2pm or 3pm or whenever-the-kid-starts-acting-up-and-needs-to-get-home-and-take-a-nap-right-this-minute-little-lady. Other parties start after nap time around 3pm. Another great tip is to tape a gift receipt to your gift because you're not the only one that thought the cool, multi-colored flash light was a perfect gift. Also, write your name on the present not just the card attached to the present. My daughter ripped several cards off of her gifts and I actually had to call some parents and ask them what they got her so we could properly thank them-very embarrassing.

2 comments:

Reviews For Jake said...

name on the gift is genius. simply genius.

Anonymous said...

LESS is MORE...the perfect mantra, remember when we used to play with cardboard boxes as kids?
Mary