Monday, July 18, 2005

Priceless...

Ticket for Nanna to fly from Houston to LA: $300
Gas to pick up Nanna from LAX: $20
Air mattress for you, so Nanna can have the bed: $60
Your kids' faces when they see Nanna: Priceless...

I hate that my kids don't live closer to their grandparents. I feel they are deprived of such a special relationship. I guess the distance does make the too few visits extra special, but it just doesn't seem like enough. Plus, what a help it is to have "baby sitters" available at the drop of a hat. If you live near your parents, I hope you know how lucky you are. If you're like me, and live far from home, make sure to keep in touch with your parents for your children's sake. Let your kids call often, write or email often. Have your kids color a picture for their grandparents. Making hand or foot prints is a good way for the grandparents to see how the kids have grown. Keep pictures of the grandparents around for the kids to see so they always recognize them.
Remember, grandparents are supposed to spoil their grandkids, let 'em.

No comments: