Friday, July 08, 2005

Treasure Hunting...

I was enjoying my evening last night with a friend and we were watching National Treasure-only fitting as I would be doing my own treasure hunting later that night! Some how in the midst of the obnoxious stereo-surround-Dolby-digital sound track, I heard a deafening "PING." My mischievous 3-year-old put my wedding ring down the bathroom sink-the symbolism alone just made me ill.
I ran into the bathroom and found my daughter, naked, standing in the sink smearing hand soap all over the mirror. "What are you doing?" "Where is mommy's wedding ring?" "Daddy gave that to me and it means a lot to mommy." My daughter just pointed and said, "Down there." Then, she smiled at me as if everything was cool. I was red hot. I told her she was not allowed to play with mommy's things and to go to her room. How could so much happen in such little time...it only takes a second or getting caught up watching a Hollywood blockbuster. I always put my rings out of reach, but my clever daughter crawled from her lil' potty to the bath tub edge to the sink and from there was able to reach the jewelery box. It's now hidden and I'm sure she'll find it... some day...
(BTW-I managed to get my ring, but now I need a new drain pipe)

No comments: