Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Spit Up Happens... Sometimes

I wore my hair up today not because it's easier, but because my son spit up all in it. I didn't have time to redo my hair, so I rinsed it as best I could and put it up with a big clip. Let's hope I don't smell like curdled milk all day. With my daughter, I often wore spit up on my shirt and as she grew up, the spit up turned into cheetoz hand prints. Having witnessed my "crumby" clothes, my friend, Mary, bought me a plastic apron. She thought I could wear it while I got the kids ready in the morning so my work clothes didn't get ruined before I had to leave. It really is a great idea-a "MOM BIB." Oh, and another good tip. If you have long hair, pull it up while you're getting ready too and especially when you're burping your baby.

If Forrest Gump had been a mom...
Bumper Sticker Guy: Hey lady! Hey listen, I was wondering if you might help me. 'Cause I'm in the bumper sticker business and I've been trying to think of a good slogan, and since you've been such a big inspiration to the people around here I thought you might be able to help me jump into - WOAH! Lady, your baby just spit up all over you!
Mommy Gump: It happens.
Bumper Sticker guy: What, spit?
Mommy Gump: Sometimes.

No comments: