Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mommy Time-How about ME time

When he's in town, my husband is pretty good about asking me if I need "Mommy time." Though I prefer the term "Me time," I exclaim "yes" and run out the door. Then, I run back in and grab my purse! Take advantage of ANY free time. And savor it-don't use the time to clean the house or buy groceries. I used to do that, but now I'm sane. ME time must completely for you-worry-free and guilt-free. YOU DESERVE IT!
Go to the park and read that book that's been collecting dust on your night stand for the last year.
Have coffee or better yet,
a bloody mary with a friend at your favorite cafe.
Get a manicure or pedicure or facial-if you've got the day-do it all!
Go see a non-Disney movie. Whatever it is, do something you enjoy. I live far from family, my husband is often out-of-town so getting ME time can be challenging. When the kids go to bed, I indulge by watching a scary movie or calling an old friend for a chat. I sometimes get up early on the weekends so I can enjoy a cup of coffee on the balcony by myself. I have even asked friends to watch the kids for just a few-fifteen-minutes, while I take a shower or a hot bubble bath. What a difference it makes to simply take a shower without my 3-year-old banging on the door, "mommy, what ya doin'?" "You takin' shower, mommy?" "Open the door, mommy, open the door." "Mommy, you wash under you chin, okay."
Where's the Calgon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so....when are we getting around to that bloody Mary in the cafe? I'm always game!
Mary

Kelley said...

Well, when Jon gets back in town-it's YOU, ME and BLOODY MARY!